What can you expect from Google Ads in 2024
- On : February 9, 2024
Google Ads undergoes continuous changes all the time. In the past year, advertisers have gained access to additional AI tools, experienced changes in attribution models, and witnessed numerous updates throughout the platform. So, what’s in store for Google Ads this year in 2024?
Changing Trends in 2024
Due to the growth of AI, we can expect some major changes in trends in 2024. Here are some trends that are crucial for businesses, marketers, and advertisers to know!
Expect the Launch of Additional AI-Driven Features by Google Ads.
AI and machine learning are transforming paid search campaigns, with advanced automated bid strategies leading the way. This trend is expected to continue developing, especially with the integration of Google Analytics 4 (GA4) and a focus on the data-driven attribution model. Here are key AI-powered features to anticipate in Google Ads:
- Semi-autonomous ad creation: Performance Max (PMAX) encourages advertisers to access Google’s entire ad inventory through a single campaign. With AI-generated imagery on the horizon, advertisers can expect automated testing of ad copy variations, keyword suggestions based on trends, and optimized visual elements for enhanced engagement.
- Improved audience targeting: AI-driven platforms, like Facebook’s “Advantage+” audience, leverage machine learning to refine audience segmentation. Anticipate Google’s Performance Max and expanded keyword match types to delve into AI-driven analysis of user search histories, site interactions, and social media behaviors for more accurate user intent predictions.
- Predictive analytics in campaign optimization: AI goes beyond reacting to past data by enabling proactive campaign management through predictive analytics. By evaluating past performances and current trends, AI can forecast potential opportunities or challenges in future campaigns, allowing marketers to adjust strategies in anticipation.
- Continuous learning and improvement: The true strength of AI lies in continuous learning. In paid search, AI-powered tools become more attuned to advertiser goals and audience nuances over time. Expect ongoing advancements and promotions from Google, building on the trajectory seen with PMAX and smart bidding.
This blend of AI and paid search promises smarter, more responsive, and highly effective campaigns. While AI handles analytical tasks, marketers can focus on strategic decision-making, creative efforts, and leveraging AI insights for maximum impact.
Increasing Popularity of Automation and Smart Bidding in Advertising.
Automation and smart bidding are gaining immense popularity in the world of online advertising and marketing, and they will become more popular in the upcoming years. Here’s Why:
- Efficiency and Accuracy: They will become more efficient and accurate with the advancement of Machine Learning.
- Data-Driven Insights: The Data will be more precise and personalized for targeted advertising.
- Cost Optimization: The cost of advertising will be reduced as the optimization and smart bidding will focus more on high-performing keywords, which frees up budgets for marketers to focus on other marketing tactics and campaigns.
- Constantly Evolving Behaviour: Automation and Smart Bidding are constantly evolving with changes to user behavior, adjusting bids and targeting accordingly.
Increased Focus on Broad Match Targeting
There is a growing trend towards utilizing broad matches in a strategic way in Google Ads. Here’s why:
- Enhanced Targeting
- Automation and Smart Bidding
- Focus on Intent and Content
Video advertising will grow on YouTube Reels, Meta Reels and TikTok
Video advertising is set to experience substantial growth in the upcoming years, fueled by various compelling factors:
- Engagement: Videos are more engaging and attention-grabbing. Studies show that viewers gain 95% of the message conveyed through video.
- Storytelling: Builds a stronger bond with the audience, helping them feel a deeper connection with the brands on a more personal level.
- Rise of Video Platforms: The popularity of streaming platforms like YouTube and Netflix as well as social media platforms like TikTok and Instagram has created a massive captive audience.
- Marketers are recognizing the power of video advertising: As the advantages of video advertising become clearer, marketers are dedicating a growing portion of their budgets to this format.
With AI, search results will be more contextual and personalized.
With AI at the helm, the future promises search results that are not only highly relevant but also deeply personalized. Imagine a digital experience where search outcomes are finely tuned to your specific interests, preferences, and context, providing a more tailored and efficient browsing experience. This shift towards contextual and personalized search results signifies a pivotal step forward in enhancing user satisfaction and engagement, marking an exciting chapter in the ongoing evolution of AI-driven technologies.
Key Changes to Google Ads in 2024
2023 was a big year for AI, so it’s no wonder that Google hopped on the AI bandwagon. Let’s look at what are the most important changes to Google in 2024.
1. Three Major AI Updates in Google Ads 2024: Campaign Boost, Max Performance Assets, and Responsive Search Ads.
In 2024, Google Ads is rolling out AI-powered changes, including the introduction of Demand Gen campaigns targeting platforms like YouTube and Gmail. These campaigns leverage first-party data, allowing for lookalike audience creation and advanced bidding strategies. Additionally, AI assistance is now included in Performance Max campaigns, offering suggestions for headlines and visuals automatically. However, the automatic creation of Responsive Search Ad (RSA) assets is the real game-changer, streamlining the process by generating assets from various sources like your website and keywords. While the prospect of one-click video and image generation is intriguing, it’s essential to approach these changes cautiously and await further refinements before fully embracing the AI enhancements.
2. The Updated Appearance of the Google Ads Dashboard.
Google Ads dashboard has an updated look that is much easier to use, which includes:
- A different navigation menu
- New Navigation category, “Goals” – See your goals and conversion metrics in one place.
- New Navigation category, “Audiences, Keywords, and Content”
3. Manage your First-Party Data with Google Ads Data Manager in 2024
The upcoming Google Ads Data Manager is designed to streamline the connection of diverse data sources like CRM, ads, email marketing, and your website. Once it’s live, you’ll be able to:
- Track conversions more accurately
- Implement Customer Match for effective remarketing
- Enhance your results through improved conversions and more!
4. More Regions Join Local Services Ads and Google Guaranteed in 2024
Legal firms and real estate agents in the London, UK area can now access local service ads. Alongside the Guaranteed (or screened) badge, you have the option to feature your profile photo and additional information in your ad, making it distinctive among other local listings.
5. AR Beauty Ads Come to Google Ads in 2024
Google Ads has introduced Augmented Reality (AR) ads, enabling potential customers to virtually “try on” products such as lipsticks and eyeshadows.
6. Update to Personalized Ads Policy
Google’s latest personalized ads policy is primarily directed at the finance sector. Commencing February 2024, for credit and banking ads, the use of sensitive information such as gender, age, parental and marital status, and zip code will no longer be permitted.
Impact on Advertisers
The evolving trends in 2024, marked by advanced AI features in Google Ads, promise a paradigm shift for advertisers. Automation, smart bidding, and enhanced targeting contribute to efficiency and data-driven insights, while video advertising’s growth and AI’s impact on search results reshape the advertising landscape. Advertisers face a dynamic but innovative landscape ahead.
Benefits of the Evolving Trends and Changes
- Smarter Campaigns: Advanced AI-driven features in Google Ads lead to more responsive and effective campaigns, enhancing advertisers’ ability to reach their target audience.
- Efficiency and Cost Optimization: The prevalence of automation and smart bidding not only streamlines processes but also optimizes costs, allowing advertisers to focus on high-performing keywords.
- Enhanced User Experience: The refined appearance of the Google Ads dashboard contributes to a more user-friendly experience, making campaign management more efficient for advertisers.