Facebook WIFI: What It Is and Why Your Business Needs It
- On : March 25, 2022
From small businesses to large established companies, the way we run our business is always changing, developing and improving. Whether you run a small business, like a cafe or have a large scale established business, when offering your customers WIFI access, it’s likely to be done through password sharing. Although a simple process, the downside to this method is the difficulty of controlling how long customers accesses your WIFI for. In addition, your password can get passed around causing a loose of security in your WIFI.
To combat this dilemma and assist businesses, Facebook has launched Facebook WIFI. The concept sounds straightforward, but what is it and how does it work?
What is Facebook WIFI?
If you are offering your customers free WIFI, Facebook WIFI will transform your business into a WIFI hotspot all through your Facebook page. By outsourcing your WIFI through Facebook and Instagram, your business will be able to minimise the risk of unwanted sharing of data, all while allowing internet access to users. In addition, Facebook WIFI procures analytics that can help small businesses grow.
Connecting to Facebook WIFI
Setting up is fairly easy and can be done just under twenty minutes. A number of video tutorials explain the process of setting up to make it even easier. You can also see how to connect to Facebook WIFI here.
What you’ll need
- A Facebook account and a page with you as the admin.
- Add your address or location under ‘Page Info’
- A compatible router that supports both Instagram and Facebook. Click here to check access.
- Set up your routers. Here is a video guide link to help.
- Go to Page Settings to connect your WIFI and business page.
- Customise your user settings. You can click on the skip check-in link to stop users from checking into your business before obtaining access. You can also use a different authentication type too.
How it works
With the elimination of a WIFI password, Facebook connects users to the WIFI simply by logging in and checking into the businesses page. Additionally, you can limit how long customers access WIFI during each session. On Instagram, you can use Facebook WIFI by following the business page and connecting to the internet.
How Facebook WIFI helps You
Using Facebook WIFI is a great way to boost engagement and visibility for your business. Here are some benefits of using this feature:
- Provides Free Internet: This feature by Facebook is free and gives your customers easy access to the internet while increasing traffic for your page.
- Increases Engagement: When customers check in and tag your page, you gain access to their network, which increases followers and potential customers. Check-ins are also visible on the home page, creating more visibility.
- Get Discovered With WIFI: Once a customer has checked in, your business is added to the WIFI directory. So, when new customers use the find WIFI feature they are exposed to your business, further helping business to gain exposure.
- Ensures Safety: Facebook WIFI offers businesses and users optimal safety through its architecture. The feature does not require a password, making it safe and convenient to use.
- Boost Instagram Engagement: Facebook WIFI is also a great way to increase your Instagram followers. Users can log in, follow your business, and instantly connect to the WIFI.
It doesn’t matter if you are an upcoming or an established business, Facebook WIFI offers tools to boost growth, aid in engagement and provide convenient and quick WIFI access to users. If you are still feeling sceptical about this new feature, we suggest you try it for yourself and see the results. Facebook WIFI is free eliminating any fear of money wastage.
Will you be using Facebook WIFI for your business? Let’s chat on our social media @roboticmarketer!
Image source: Shutterstock (1043930236)