The Entrepreneur Who Is Disrupting Digital Marketing with Artificial Intelligence
Podcast published on Jeff Bullas
At the age of 25, Mellissah Smith made her first million dollars.
But by the age of 30, she quickly came to realize that when she wasn’t working in the business the revenue stopped. And she learned that one of the secrets to a successful business is being able to scale, delegate and work on the business, rather than in it.
That’s when she started her business “Marketing Eye” that is acknowledged as being in the top 10 marketing consulting firms in the USA. Marketing Eye is an international marketing consulting firm designed so that clients buy the brand and not the person.
It was built to be an outsourced marketing department. If you can remember 20 years ago, an outsourced marketing department wasn’t a big thing. It wasn’t what everyone was doing. Companies had an ad agency, and a PR agency. But they didn’t have this concept of an outsourced marketing department.
So she designed and set up a formula and process around that concept. She also started a magazine alongside that so that her clients could have a voice in the media. She didn’t know it at the time but she was also a content marketer before the term was coined.
Three years ago she decided that she wanted to disrupt the way in which companies develop marketing strategies by automating the process through AI and machine learning. That was the start of Robotic Marketer in which she is also the founder and managing director.
What you will learn
- How to scale your business
- The top three skills and qualities you need to succeed as an entrepreneur
- Why you need soft skills in business and not just hard skills
- Three books that have inspired Mellissah to start and grow multiple businesses
- The importance of a mentor and business coach
- The two key elements to growing a business fast
- The number one reason why you should be starting a podcast.